經濟不景氣「共體時艱」的十句話

A business needs a good location to be successful.
生意想要成功,必須要有好的地點。

A flexible (有彈性的) person usually can get along with other
people well, because he does not insist on his own opinion.
A poor business plan and weak sales contribute to the closure of
the company.
差勁的經營規劃與業績不佳導致那家公司倒閉。

a retirement pension 退休金
a senior citizen stipend 老人年金/津貼

After he gave his funky idea at the meeting, you can hear a pin drop.
當他說出其另類意見後,整個會議陷入一片寧靜(可以聽見針掉落的聲音)。

All of our product lines are selling well.
我們的全系列商品都賣得很好。

Amy was our employee of the month. Amy是公司的本月模範員工。

As profit margins continue to decrease, pressure is mounting on
many companies to cut costs.
由於獲利持續減少,許多公司削減成本的壓力逐漸升高。

ASUS posted a fourth-quarter profit of NT$ one billion in 2002.
華碩公佈 2002年第四季獲利為十億台幣。

Besides plan A, we need a plan B.
除了A (首要)計劃外,我們須要有備用方案。

Bill Gates is the world's richest entrepreneur.
比爾蓋茲是全世界最富有的企業家

Break the Ice 打破僵局

  開始交談 Hi!/ Hello!/ Glad to meet you!/ Happy to see you./ Excuse me!

  要求覆述 Pardon (me)?/ I beg your pardon?

  結束對話 Thank you so much./ Bye for now./ Thanks for you

cooperation (合作).

Building and running your own business involves a lot of hard work
and commitment.
建構並經營自己的生意需要投入大量的心血

clock-watcher 等不及想下班者

Decisions in the company are made from the top down.
公司的決策是由上到下的。

Does your company give out annual bonuses to its employees?
你公司會發年終獎金給員工嗎?

Don't come in late and leave early. 不要遲到早退。

Don't tell me what your monthly sales are. What's your bottom line?
不要告訴我你每個月的銷售情形。你的盈虧情況如何?

double income 雙薪

English plays an important role in world trade.
英文在世界貿易扮演重要角色。

Everyone hopes to find a job with an excellent boss, a high
salary, and good benefits.
每個人都希望找到一個老闆好、薪水高及福利佳的工作。

facts and figures 詳細的情報;精確的資料

The report contains many facts and figures about the company.
First thing's first. 重要的事先做

Franchisers can sell things using the parent company's name.
獲得授權的可以母公司的名義銷售產品。

Getting the pay raise certainly helps lift spirits.
獲得加薪有助於提振士氣。

He didn't get a ticket this year. Cross my fingers.
他今年都沒有收到罰單。算我好運

He has signed the contract. 他已在合同上簽了字。

He holds two jobs. 他有兩份工作

He is doing a great job of training his replacement.
他在訓練接班人方面做得很好。

He is still wearing a Hawaiian shirt. He's still in vacation mode.
他還穿著夏威夷衫。他還仍處於休假的狀態。

He let his son take full control of the business because he had
confidence in him.
他讓自己的兒子完全掌控他的事業,因為他對他有信心。

He's a nice guy, but he lacks people skills.
他是好人,但是不善於處理人際關係。

Hold on. (= Don’t hang up!) I have an incoming call.
別掛!我有插撥

Hold the line, please. I have another (phone) call coming in.
別掛!我有外線

Hold the horses! I'd like to have a look at the product before I pay.
別急! 我想先看看產品再付錢。

How much time can you take for your lunch break?
你們中午可以休息多久?

I am sorry for being late. My car broke down on the way to the
office.
抱歉遲到了。我的車子在上班的途中故障了。

I can never finish off my work. 工作永遠做不完。

I can't accept our company's dress code.
我不能接受我們公司的服裝規定。

I don't know how to arrange my time off. 我不知道如何安排休假。

I get the news straight from the horse's mouth.
這消息是我直接得自相關人士口中而來。

I had a big misunderstanding and argument with my coworker this
morning.
今天早上我和我的同事有一場不小的誤會和爭吵

I have to pay a lot of money in taxes every year.
每年我需繳很多稅。

I hope the taxation filing date can be extended.
我希望能延遲報稅日期。

I need your boss to back you up. 我需要老板的支持。
I second the motion. 我附議。

I think I'm going to apply for the open managerial position in my
company.
我想我會申請公司所徵求的那個經理職位。

I took the whole day off to take care of some personal business.
我因有私事要處理,請了一天假。

I want to run some errands. 我要去辦點雜事

I would like to nominate Mr. Lin. 我想提名林先生。

I would really like to take some time off from my job.
我真的想要離開工作去度個假

I'd like to take the morning (or afternoon) off. 我想請半天假。

I'll do the dirty work. 我來做沒人要扮演壞人的事。

I'm hot in spite of the air conditioning being on.
雖然冷氣有開,我還是覺得熱。

I'm not feeling well today. I think I'll leave work early.
我今天覺得不太舒服,我想要早點下班。

I'm overloaded already. 我已經負荷過度了

I'm sorry, I've got another call. Please just wait just a second.
很抱歉,我有另一通電話。等一下。

電話上的「米字鍵」英語稱為 star key 或 asterisk key,
「井字鍵」叫做 pound key。

插撥叫做 call waiting,「自動重撥」為 automatic redial。

I'm sorry. The boss is caught in traffic. He'll be here as soon as
possible. Could you please wait a while longer?
抱歉。老板卡在車陣中。他會盡快趕到。你再多等一會兒。

I'm still in vacation mode, but I'll get back into the swing of
things soon enough.
我還停留在休假時的狀態,但是我很快就會適應過來的。

I'm the wrong person to ask. 你問錯人了。

I've heard a lot about you. 久仰大名。

If I don't get a good raise from my boss this year, I'm going to
quit!
如果老闆今年不給我加薪,我就辭職不幹!

If you don't change the motor oil, your car engine will wear out
very quickly.
如果你不換機油,你車子的引擎會耗損的非常快。

If you don’t file their taxes by the end of May, don’t expect to
be exempted from submitting the overdue fine.
如果你5月31日之前不繳稅的話,別指望免繳滯納金。

If you have a GPS (Global Positioning System) receiver, these
satellites can help figure out exactly where you are.
你若有全球定位系統的接收器,衛星就能準確地幫你找出你的位置。

If you parked your car legally, then why was it towed?
如果你是合法停車,那麼為何車子會被拖吊?

If you quit your job now, you will breach your contract and will
be required to pay a fine.
如果你現在辭職,就是違約,必須付違約金。

In Japan, more people are employed in the service sector than in
the manufacturing and high-tech sectors.
在日本,服務業的僱員比製造業的僱員多。

It seems like my coworkers are always spreading rumors.
似乎我的同事總是在傳播謠言

It took me two weeks to get through all my work after I came back
from vacation.
我休假完後,花了兩星期才做完所有的工作。

It's important to work hard, but be sure not to let yourself get
burned out!
辛勤工作是重要的,但勿必讓自己筋疲力盡!

It's so hard to recruit people with the right qualifications and
skills.
要招募合格又有技巧的適合人才實在很難。

John and Linda are colleagues. Linda has just returned to work
after a week-long vacation.
約翰和琳達是同事。琳達剛結束為期一週的假期回到公司裡。

Let's discuss the pros and cons of the new sales plan in the next
meeting.
下次會議我們來討論新銷售計劃之利弊得失。

Let's see if Dr. Wang can solve the company's financial problems.
看看王博士是否能解決公司的財務問題。

Linda's coworkers congratulated her after they heard she got a
promotion.
琳達的同事聽到她升遷,都向她道賀

Macronix posted a first-quarter loss of NT$ one million in 2003.
旺宏公佈 2003 年第一季虧損為一百萬台幣。

Meeting in Progress, please leave a message. 開會中,有事請留言。
Money is only a means to an end, it is not the end.
錢只是達到目的的一種手段,而不是最終的目標。

Most of the restaurant's new customers come from word of mouth.
這間餐廳大部分的新顧客都是慕名而來。

My boss wanted me to wine and dine the new customer.
我的老闆要我以酒食款待那位新客戶。

My company sacked me after I got caught surfing the Net.
我因為上網瀏覽被抓到而遭公司開除。

My job is as a marketing assistant. I'm responsible for all
overseas business and sales.
我的工作將會是個行銷助理。我負責所有海外業務。

My marketing presentation was a total flop.
我的行銷企劃提案完全失敗。

Not long after Tom declared bankruptcy, his house went up for
auction.
湯姆宣佈破產不久後,他的房子就被拍賣了。

Now I have time to get some on-the-job training myself.
現在我有時間可給自己一點在職訓練了。

On leave! Please contact with __________.
休假去了!有事請找代理人。

On Tuesday, the TAIEX opened on a high note and climbed steadily
in mid trading to close at 5 thousand and 17.78 points, which is a
gain of 145.63 points, with dealings valued at 106.9 billion NTDs.
台北股市星期二開高走高,終場上漲了145.63點,收盤指數收在5017.78點
,成交值為新台幣1069億元。

Our chairman can hold his own in a English business meeting; he
doesn't need an interpreter.
我們董事長可以在講英文的商業會議裡表現出色;他不需要口譯人員。

Our company has an opening. 我們公司有職缺。

Our company is going on the right track. 我們公司正步上軌道。

Our president said that sales were on track to meet analysts'
expectations.
我們總裁說業績穩定成長,符合分析家的預期。

Our turnover is decreasing. 我們的營業額下降了。

Peter like to kiss up to the boss. He always tattles on other
co-workers!
彼得喜歡拍老闆馬屁。她總是打同事的小報告!

Plans for the company's entry into the French market are starting
to take shape.
該公司進入法國市場的計畫開始有了雛形。

President Lee is at present on leave, and will not be back until
next Monday.
李經理現在在休假,要到下禮拜一才回來

She is a really productive worker. She has cranked out five
business reports in one week!
她真是一位很有生產力的員工。她在一週內就迅速做出五份商業報告。

She is the best-dressed boss around. 她是這裡最會穿著的主管。

Stop passing the buck! 不要推諉責任。

Temporarily away from my desk, I will return shortly.
暫時離開座位,馬上回來。

Thanks to Peter, we were able to complete the project on schedule.
多虧彼得,我們才能如期完成這項專案。

That sounds a little last-minute. 聽起來有點趕。

The Budwiser brewer signed a distribution deal with a Taiwanese
company.
百威啤酒製造商與台灣某個公司簽訂經銷合約。

The car assembly plant offers three-shift jobs. The shift times
are usually the day shift, from 7 am to 3 pm; evening shift from 3
pm to 11 pm; and night shift (or graveyard shift) from 11 pm to 7
am.
這家汽車組裝廠提供三班制的工作。輪班時間通常是日班,從早上七點到下
午三點;晚班,從下午三點到晚上11點;及大夜班,從晚上11點到凌晨七點


The CEO is going over a company's income statement and balance sheet.
執行長正在看公司的營收報告和資產負債表。

The company axed plans to build a factory in Taiwan because of
high labor costs.
該公司因勞工成本太高而取消在台灣設廠的計畫。

The company gave hard workers extra bonuses as a reward .
The company laid off 130 employees in Taiwan when it moved its
call center to China as part of its cost-cutting initiative.
該公司將其客服中心遷往中國大陸時,解雇了130名在台灣的職員,以初步
節省成本。

The company will provide a three-month training course.
公司將舉辦三個月訓練課程。

The company's share price was off 3 percent.
該公司股價下跌百分之三。

The company's share price was off 5 percent after its slowdown in
sales.
該公司業績銷售減緩後,其股價下跌百分之五。

The debt-to-equity ratio of the company is higher than average for
the industry.
這家公司的資本負債率高出此產業的平均值。

The exchange rate for US dollars to French Francs is about one to
six.
美金對法郎的匯率大概是一對六

The exchange rate is not very good here.
這裡的匯率不是很划算。

The factory manager negotiated with deputies.
廠長跟代表們進行了談判。

The female CEO (Chief Executive Officer) is a connoisseur of
installation art.
那位女總裁(首席執行長)是個裝置藝術的行家。

The goods were delivered in time. 貨物及時送出。

The interviewee was asked many questions about her work
experience.
那個應試者被問了很多個關於她工作經驗的問題。

The job applicant has a lot of credentials but little experience.
這項工作的申請人有許多學歷背景證明,但經驗不多。

The latest rate of exchange between the US dollar and the New
Taiwan dollar is US dollar for 34.5 NT dollars.
美元與台幣最新的匯率是一美元換台幣34.5元。

The manager carefully supervised every detail of this project.
經理很仔細地監督這項工程的每個細節。

The meeting was really boring. The boss just rattled on about the
latest sales figures.
這會議真無聊。老闆只是喋喋不休地講著最近的銷售數字。

The National Tax Administration said that there are still a number
of people in Taiwan who haven't filed their taxes. Online filing
has been extended until 12:00 midnight on Monday while the
deadline has been extended to 7 P.M. for manual filing.
國稅局表示,全台還有很多人沒報稅。網路報稅已被延至星期一午夜十二點
,而人工報稅則延長到晚上七點。

The negotiations broke down over the issue of overtime pay.
有關加班費的談判破裂了。

The new Managing Director overturned many decisions made by his
predecessor.
新的總經理推翻了許多他的前任所做的決定。

The owner of the factory averted a strike by agreeing to a
five-percent pay increase.
該工廠的所有人同意調薪百分之五,免去了罷工的危機。

The presidency is not just a one-man show; there are lots of
people making decisions for him.
總裁職位不只是獨腳戲;有許多人為他下決策。

The question can be discussed at the next meeting.
這個問題可以在下次會議上討論。

The reception is really bad here. There's a lot of static on the
line. I can't hear you very well. Could you speak up a little?
這裡的收訊很差。電話中有很多雜訊。我聽不清楚。你能不能講大聲一點?

The sales manager is awfully busy these days. 業務經理最近非常忙。

The technician worked on the machine for hours, but he still
couldn't get to the bottom of the problem.
技術人員弄了那部機器好幾個小時了,但依然找不出問題所在。

Times have been tough for the tourism recently, with many travel
agencies posting losses.
最近旅遊業時機很差,許多旅行社都公布虧損。

Tom isn't earning enough money at her full-time job, so she has to
look for another part-time job.
湯姆在他全職的工作賺得不夠多,所以他需要找另一個兼差的工作

Tom's boss slammed the door on his request for a job transfer.
湯姆要求調任時,他的老闆讓他吃了閉門羹。

TSMC share prices skyrocketed to reach the ceiling price of 60 NT
in mid-session.
盤中台積電股價急拉大漲,一度衝高到60元漲停。

union 工會

We are going to take a 10-percent pay cut. 我們即將減薪百分之十

We can wear casual clothes at the office on Friday."
每個禮拜五,我們可以穿著較休閒的衣服上班。

We have to get that contract (合約) at any price (不計任何代價)

It’s a matter of life or death.(攸關生死的問題)

We need to carry out further tests before we come up with a
conclusion.
在提出結論前,我們需要進行更進一步的測試。

We need to work smarter, not harder.
我們需要有智慧地工作,而非更辛苦地在工作。

We really admire your decision-making ability.
我們很欽佩您的決策能力。

We should fix our display if we want to attract customers.
如果想吸引顧客,我們必須調整陳設方式。

We should promote the barrier free environment for disabled
persons.
為行動不便人士推廣零障礙活動環境

We'll always have blackouts. It's like we'll always have forest
fires and automobile accidents.
總是發生停電。就像我們總是有身森林大火與汽車意外事件。

We're closed for the night. Can you come back tomorrow?
我們今晚打烊了。能否明天再來?

What is the salary range (薪資等級) for this position in your
company?

With regard to your loan request, you have been approved.
有關你的貸款請求,已經獲准了。

Working at home lets me have the best of both worlds: a good
income and time with Family.
在家工作讓我能同時擁有兩項最棒的東西:既能有不錯的收入,又有時間和
家人在一起。

You always play the same old tune: "Don't do this. Don't do that."
你總是老調重彈說:「別做這。別樣那。」

You are going to start a one-month employee training next month.
Then you'll start the trial period.
你將在下個月初受訓一個月,然後開始就是試用期。

  漲價 rising, go up, increase, soaring, rocketing

  職位空缺 opening, vacancy, post

You can't arrange for an interview until you first send them my
resume.
你要先寄的履歷表給他們,才會被安排面談

Your knowledge of computer will be a positive (正面的) assets
(資產 vs. liabilities 負債) to our company.
Top


Useful Dialogues
A: Did Lily give birth yet?
  莉莉生了沒?

B: No. But she will any day now.
  還沒。不過她現在隨時都會生。

A: I'm under so much stress at work these days.
  我最近工作壓力好大。

B: Tell me about it.
  我也是。

A: I haven't seen you lately. What are you up to?
  最近都沒看到你。你在忙什麼?

B: I'm working three jobs right now. It's killing me.
  我現在正做三份工作。把我累死了!

A: I'll have a job interview tomorrow.
  我明天要去面試。

B: That's wonderful! Good luck to you. I'm sure you're going to do
extremely well.
  太好了!祝你順利!我相信你一定會做得很好的。

A: My scooter was towed!
  我的機車被拖吊了!

B: Where did you park?
  你車停在哪裡?

A: My scooter won't start. Can you give me a ride and drop me off
at the corner?
  我的機車發動不了。你可以載我一程並讓我在轉角下車嗎?

B: No problem. Jump on! But I'm almost out of gas.
  沒問題。上來吧!但是我的汽油快用完了。

A: I would like to ask for a raise. 我想要求加薪。

B: How much do you have in mind? But it's in vain to ask the boss
for a raise..
  你想加多少?但向老板要求加薪是白費力氣的。

A: You did an excellent job on this case.
   這個案子,你表現得很好。

B: Thank you. It was a hard task. But I'm glad I did it..
  謝謝。這是很難的工作。但我很高興自己辦到了

A: So, you need a raise. But money is really tight right now..
  因此,你需要加薪。但是現在資金真得很緊。

B: When will you be in the position? 什麼時候才可以呢?

A: By the end of this quarter, we should have the funds to reward you.
   這個季末前吧,我們應該有資金來獎賞你。

A: Why do you look so sad? 你為何看起來這麼悲傷

B: Because I got fired. My boss really sucks. .
  因為我被炒魷魚了。我的老闆超爛的。

A: Excuse me. Do you have moment? 對不起,你有空嗎?

B: Sorry. I’m in the middle of something. Would you mind calling
back later?.
  抱歉。我正在忙一件事。你介意稍後再打來嗎?

If you don’t file their taxes by the end of May, don’t expect to
be exempted from submitting the overdue fine.
如果你5月31日之前不繳稅的話,別指望免繳滯納金。

A: How do you keep track of all these
files?你如何管理所有這些檔案?

B: I organize them by subject matter.我用主題來分類。

A: Where are you going, Linda?

B: I'm going to the beauty parlor to have a light trim (or have a
perm.
  我要去美容院修剪一下(或燙頭髮)。

A: His contribution to the company is deserving of an award.
  他對公司的貢獻是值得受到獎賞的。

B: I don’t agree with you. I think he is unworthy of the
promotion.
   我不同意你的說法。我認為他不配升遷。

A: Do you drink coffee?  你喝咖啡嗎?

B: Yes, but only decaf. 喝,但只喝低咖啡因的。

A:I know you're upset about not getting the promotion, but don't
take it out on me.
我知道你對沒有升職感到很難過,但是別把這件事發洩在我身上。

B: You're right. I'm sorry. 你說得對。對不起。

A: Can you brew me some coffee? 你可以泡些咖啡給我嗎?

B: Sure. Would you like cream and sugar?  好。你要加奶油和糖嗎?

A: I want to quit my job and take a long vacation.
我想辭職去度長假。

B: I wouldn't mind doing that myself.
如果情況允許,我倒自己也想這麼做。

A: May I speak to Manager Lin?

B: He is on another line. I'll put you on hold.
他在接另一通電話。麻煩您在線上稍等一下。

A: May I speak to Miss Wu?

B: Her extension is 36. I'll transfer your call.
她的分機是36。我幫您轉接。

A: May I speak to Mr. Wang?

B: He is on line one. Please don't hang up.
他在一線上。請不要掛斷電話。

A: How do you keep track of all these files?
你怎麼管理所有這些檔案?

B: I organize them by subject matter. 我用主題來分類。

A: I need a PowerPoint projector and a paper flip chart.
我需要一台電腦簡報投影機及一個空白掛報。

B: I'll have those for you right away. 我馬上幫你準備。

A: My presentation starts in fifteen minutes.
我的簡報再十五分鐘就要開始了。

B: I know that. 我知道。

A: Who takes care of the payroll for our company?
誰負責我們公司的薪資。

B: That would be Ms. Hung.

Auto Insurance (汽車保險)

Auto Accident (車禍)

Collision (兩車相撞)

Top


Related Sources
Live ABC 生活字彙
Live ABC 生活會話
夏老師 (中文) 公文製作教學網
小笨霖英語筆記本八十九:辦公室電話英語
小笨霖英語筆記本九十:辦公室英語
EZ Talk 行業英文

為其與警廣合作的「警察英語」會話教材。主題有

It’s illegally parked. (這是違規停車)、

Can I see your passport, please?
(你的護照給我看一下好嗎?)、

Walk three more blocks.
(再過三條街)、

Can you please speak more slowly?
(麻煩你講慢一點好嗎?)、
The other driver hit my car.
(有一部車撞上了我的車)、

You were speeding. (你超速了)、

You just jaywalked across the street. (你剛剛違規穿越馬路)、

Did you drink too much tonight? (今晚是不是喝多了)、

Keep quiet, please. (請保持安靜)、

My car is gone! (我的車子不見了)、

My hotel room was robbed! (我住的飯店房間遭小偷了)、

I lost my backpack.(我的背包丟了)、

Someone pickpocketed my wallet.
(我的皮夾被人扒了)等。

中文白話英文表達
職場英語有料電子報定閱

Committee Rules (會議守則)

Pocket Survival English
格蘭英語SPEAK WELL
格蘭英語SPEAK WELL會話系列與ICRT同步播報 (Monday to Friday, 11:00
AM and 2:00 PM)。Topics include Job Hunting Skills- Ending an
Interview, Presentation - Computer documents, Travel Talk-
Frequent Flyer Mileage, Meeting Talk-Opinions, Job Hunting Skills
- Explaining Your Qualifications, Travel Talk - Wake-up Call,
Presentation- Computer documents I, Presentation- Computer
documents II, etc. All of them are bilingual (雙語) with keywords
and phrases annotation (註解).
「我被炒魷魚了」的十句話
「邀約朋友」的十句話
「我會考慮的」十句話
開車時會講的十句話
Changing Jobs (Vocabulary in Conversation) and (Vocabulary
Follow-up) from Vocabulary Exercise
I'm taking unpaid leave (無薪假期)

arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    soleantidote 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()